Not sure what I want to work on tonight. Both Missile Command and Dolly Parton are in need of some board work, and physical game work.
Need to rebuild the power section on the Missile Command, and track down the fire button issue for player 1.
Dolly Parton has some switches that need to be debugged. I suspect it is due to the acid damage on the MPU – which will need cleaning and evaluation. It could also be something on the driver board if all switches are in the same column or row. I’m hoping the switch issue resolves the kick out saucer problem at the same time.
Prior to any committed pinball machine repair I finished the first initial cleaning to get an idea of how the game will look. The amount of grime that came off was pretty impressive.
I still need to decide if I want to do any touch-ups at this point cosmetically or not. I’m inclined to just apply wax to it at this point and let it be, and come back to this in the future. The cosmetic issues on the playfield are not as important as dealing with the switch and battery issues.
Today a friend sent me some information on a Dolly Parton pinball machine. Of course I had to call and find out more about the opportunity.
It resulted in my purchasing the game. I’ve started a dedicated page for Dolly Parton along with the associated Task List tracking for things that I need to do, and have accomplished.
Jeremy and I have an agreement to max the Pin collect at 8 machines as that fits comfortably in the space allocated. With this change I now have 9 – must resolve the overage soon.